Sunday, February 1, 2009

Here's to LONG Life!

Hello there!

Can't imagine 10 days has gone by since my last posting..it's simply because I have been busy living my life!

Yup, the Chinese New Year Hols was here and my little son had 1 week off. My sister who teaches was also on a week's break. She and her family were down from Penang too. We were pretty busy doing things that made us happy.

Since my mum is half Chinese we had a steamboat dinner on the eve and it was fun. It was quite an evening for us as it ended with a colourful display of fireworks plus fire crackers, compliments from our Chinese neighbours - awesome!

All these happiness and celebrating, again has caused me to be back at square one where my workout regime is concerned. Nevertheless, isn't all these little things that makes life so worthwhile....so I'm not complaining!

Research has found that besides exercise, there are other things that one can do to add years to our life.

BEING HAPPY tops the list as it adds 9 years! Optimistic people tend to act in healthier ways that those who are negative - getting more exercise and taking part in more life-affirming social activities.

A positive outlook also means quicker recovery from illness and injury to fight viruses and bacteria.

Did you know that FEMALES outlive men by 10 years? Having FAITH + 7 YEARS?
MARRIAGE + 7 YEARS too? Caring for PETS + 2 YEARS? Last but not least, A ROOM WITH A VIEW + 2 YEARS? - Living, working or recuperating from a room with a view can lift our mood, ease stress and provide a deep sense of optimism.

There you have it! Go on live your life to the fullest doing all that's good for you. Get out of your bed...stop resting on your laurels... go get yourself a pet, a husband or a wife. Practise your faith, know your GOD as He loves you unconditionally!

Last but not least, please don't go change your SEX if your a man OK! We females are simply gifted! Hee! Hee! Hee!

I baked 2 types of muffins for tea last weekend for my family. Orange Poppy and 3C's (Coconut, Cappuicino & Cocolate) Muffin. I enjoyed playing with the all ingredients I had in the pantry and it was so rewarding to see them go like hot cakes! Will share the recipie with you soon.

Included photos of my room with a view of my garden. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Cheers!

Till then, take care and God bless,

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment