Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gearing Up For Valentine's Day?



Good morning...

How are you feeling today? Hope that you're in the pink of health! The vibes of Valentine's Day has been brewing in the air for the past week.

Just look around on the
TV, in the media and shopping malls - It's amazing to see how this day has caught on to people all over the world.

Advertisement has it as 'Say it with Roses', 'Spice up your Valentine's Day with Scent' and others 'Spoil Him/Her with Chocolate!' Of course I'm sure some of you would proof to your loved one by booking in an exclusive holiday on an
island in Malaysia or the Alps perhaps?..a cruise? or even a
luxurious stay at a prominent hotel inclusive of a spa treatment to boot??'

Well I would be thrilled to enjoy such pampering but lets get real OK! I for one wouldn't like to stand in queue just to have a SPECIAL dinner at famous place. I wouldn't want my spouse to pay a hefty RM10 just for 1 stalk of rose (although he wouldn't do it anyway). I'd be touched if he gets me some other variety (but not form my garden mind you!)....I wouldn't mind the Bunga Raya even, as long as it's not a stolen one!

It's not about being a
cheapskate but it's simply the practicality of the whole matter. I feel everyday should be Valentine's Day.

Yup! We should demonstrate our love for each other EVERY single day. Yes we all have our differences - be it in our opinions, our likes and dislikes, hobbies, beliefs etc, etc. But only if we love, respect and except one another be it our lover, husband, wife, father, mother, children, relatives, friends and everyone in the world, it would amount to something great, right?

But the whole truth is I
am a freak for Valentine's. I usually do something extra special for my loved ones. My own special way - so today I have baked some special Valentine's Muffin with topping (pls view pic). Hope they will enjoy them and and feel SPECIAL!

Here's wishing you a wonderful 'Valentine's Day' this Sunday. Just remember that YOU ARE SPECIAL! Introducing my funny Valentine, Edgar and sons, Leslie & Jude.


Cheers!

Sherry

p/s tq u L/ann & Les.


No comments:

Post a Comment